Willowdale High School assigns an advisor to students that will make every effort to assist students with their various academic and social needs. The student advisor supports students in several ways:
- Assisting students in setting and achieving goals and meeting post-secondary requirements
- Acting as a liaison between parents, students, and school staff
- Assisting students in having a voice and advocating their rights and needs
- Providing post-secondary advising and support
- Providing academic and social guidance and counseling in developing appropriate educational plans and career alternatives
- Ensuring that students are aware of the community resources available and how to benefit from them if needed
WHS believes in a school-home partnership. The school always invites parents to maintain open communication and collaboration.